Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What's Wrong With Cats?


Why do cats make so many people cringe?  They’re such hated creatures and I don’t really understand what’s so wrong with them.  Every time someone says that they love dogs, but hate cats I always think of the movie Meet the Parents when Greg was talking to Jack about it:

Jack: Greg, how come you don’t like cats?

Greg:  I don’t not like cats.  I-I just—I just prefer dogs.  I mean, I'm just more of a dog kind of, you know…Come home, wagging their little tails, happy to see you kind of--

Jack:  You need that assurance? You prefer an emotionally shallow animal?  You see, Greg, when you yell at a dog, his tail will go between his legs and cover his genitals, his ears will go down.  A dog is very easy to break, but cats make you work for their affection. They don't sell out the way dogs do.

I feel the same way Jack.  Maybe the reason I love cats so much is because they have so much personality in them.  Don’t get me wrong, dogs do as well, but cats might have a personality closer to that of a human.  Just like a human, they have different personalities so they may not necessary sync with their owner.  It’s just like us when we meet someone new.  We won’t necessarily be the best of friends with everyone we meet.  However, most dogs can be in love with just about anyone.  Maybe that’s why so many people love dogs so much…they’re more likely to love you back. 

1 comment: